[uf-new] hAudio ISSUE #3: published-date is redundant

Brian Suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 02:30:44 PDT 2007

On 8/6/07, Manu Sporny <msporny at digitalbazaar.com> wrote:
> Possible Solutions
>
>    1. Use PUBLISHED instead
>    2. Use DTSTART instead
>    3. One of the two above, and make published an hCalendar event
>
> I suggest that we use PUBLISHED and not make it an hCalendar event to
> stay in line with how PUBLISHED is defined in hAtom. It should use the
> date-time-design-pattern.If you are involved in hAudio (or want to be),
> please give the list an "AGREE/+1" or disagree with a line of reasoning.

If you look at the wiki page which lists our classes,
http://microformats.org/wiki/classes
you will see that we have several ways of specifying a date
hCard uses REV, which is the REVISION date
hCalendar uses LAST-MODIFIED, the time the calendar was last changes
hAtom uses UPDATED and PUBLISHED

I agree it should use the ISO date-time pattern every other date
format is using.

--
brian suda
http://suda.co.uk