[uf-new] hAlbum Microformat brainstorming and proposal pages created

Brian Suda brian.suda at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 03:10:15 PDT 2007

On 8/6/07, Manu Sporny <msporny at digitalbazaar.com> wrote:
> The new pages can be found here... they are rough, but should outline
> what we're planning on discussing. hAlbum borrows very heavily from hAudio:

--- with the exception of TRACKS an Album has all the identical
properties of the audio proposal.

> Once some of the hAudio issues have been addressed we can move on to
> hAlbum... the page is up if people want to make changes, or start
> commenting on the audio-album-issues page.

--- i'm slightly confused at the point of Albums being something different?

(Please add the following to the issues pages of your choice)
What happens when you have 10 tracks all reporting to be from
different CDs, different artists, different album art, all .99cents.
Then thoses are inside an hAlbum which is $5.99 (not the same price
summed - this is ok, buy as a whole album or buy individually, like
iTunes) and you have different artwork at the album level and
different artists?

Wouldn´t it be easier to just NOT have hAlbum, and simply add
something to hAudio called "collection" or something? then all TRACKS
on a page with the same value for COLLECTION could suffice? that fails
to get you an OVERALL price for an album, but then maybe in your
hAudio, simply make the track name optional... so if there is NO track
name, but a collection name, then all the attributes are about the
collection?

Then you can have a price/photo/description/ect at the collection
level and you can have all the same things at the track level and
associate it with a collection.

Do we need a whole separate format to markup the exact same data twice?

I think we should work more on the hAudio proposal, as there are still
a few open issues. Then possibly instead of inventing a new format,
can we simply iterate on hAudio to include information at the
album/collection level.

-brian

--
brian suda