[uf-new] new html tags

Charles Iliya Krempeaux supercanadian at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 14:23:59 PDT 2007

Hello,

On 8/9/07, Alexandre Van de Sande <alexandrevandesande at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/x-html5/?ca=dgr-lnxw01NewHTML
>
> new html tags are coming in hml for. Those include semanticall-tags such as
> with hAtom and hMeasurements.
>
> What does it means for microformats? do we change the already established
> rules?

Some of those new tags were influenced by what we are doing here.
(Various Microformats wee cited as reasons to create alot of the new
HTML elements.)

(There's people who participate in both processes.  And even ones who
aren't participating here... many are aware of what we are doing.)

Microformats are targetted at HTML 4.01 (or XHTML 1.0)... so at the
moment this is a non-issue.  Maybe Microformats 2.0 will target HTML
5.

See ya

--
    Charles Iliya Krempeaux, B.Sc. <http://ChangeLog.ca/>