[uf-new] Analyzed collected receipt samples

Storset, Leif Leif_Storset at intuit.com
Thu Aug 16 17:50:38 PDT 2007

Receipt-microformat enthusiasts,

As you will remember, a few weeks ago you helped me gather online
receipt samples and provided guidance and input on the process
(thanks!). At the time I started low-level analysis of the collected
samples. I didn't get the chance to compare the receipt samples to each
other before today, but now it's finally done!

The results of my initial analysis is available at
http://microformats.org/wiki/receipt-examples#Analysis_of_Receipts as
well as under the individual subheadings at . Please review and comment!
The spreadsheet I made during analysis is available at
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pAGYQr-yhoUh6sl5NaqEVZw (e-mail
me at <leifarne at storset dot net> if you want to edit the
spreadsheet).

Unless anyone else wants to contribute samples or analysis (both of
which are very welcome), I think it's time to start brainstorming. Feel
free to start if you feel like it!

Thanks for your cooperation. I'm looking forward to seeing how things
will turn out.

Leif Arne Storset
Technology Innovation Group, Intuit Inc.