[uf-new] hAudio ISSUE #3: published-date is redundant

Martin McEvoy martin at weborganics.co.uk
Fri Aug 17 05:41:39 PDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-08-16 at 23:11 -0700, Ian McKellar wrote:
> I'm concerned that it won't be possible to mix hAtom and hAudio as
> flexibly as I'd like with this but it might be for the best. The main
> problem I see is that it would be hard to share elements between
> hAudio and hAtom (such as entry-title and audio-title) because to
> prevent the audio's published being confused for the entry's published
> the audio's published needs to be inside entry-content or
> entry-summary.
>
> Consider this pseudo-xhtml:
>   <h1 class="entry-title">
>     (<span class="published">1977</span>)
>   </h1>
> 2007</span></div>

Although In principle to agree with you, but I dont think you will find
many examples actually marked up the way you suggest

But if you really wanted to you could do this..

<h1 class="entry-title haudio">
   ( <abbr title="19770101" class="published">1977</abbr> )
</h1>
href="http://someurl.com">Author</a></address> on: <abbr
title="20070807T1252+01" class="updated">August 07th, 2007</abbr>

example here

http://weborganics.co.uk/files/test.html

dates are not confused because parsers such hAtom2Atom [1] and
http://tools.microformatic.com/ ( uses hAtom2Atom.xsl ) [2] will look
for the "updated" elements and use those as dates

messy I know

there is an example of haudio and hatom available at
http://weborganics.co.uk/haudio

[1] http://www.lukearno.com/projects/hatom2atom/
[2] http://tools.microformatic.com/

hope this helps