[uf-new] hMedia?

Manu Sporny msporny at digitalbazaar.com
Thu Jul 19 06:26:06 PDT 2007

Regine Heidorn wrote:
> Just a short thought, maybe it doesn't make sense.
> What about using hReview for all kind of media with a subcategory hMedia
> and a specification of the media like audio, movie, website etc.?
>
> I mean: hAudio anyway is related to hReview, which is logical. So why
> not stretch this relation to hMedia, which can be specified into audio,
> movie and other kinds of media. Information to be made about author,
> publisher, director, producer, label, licence etc. are very much
> similar, so one would only need to include some Extras for one media or
> the other.

The goal with hAudio, hImage and hVideo (hMedia in general) has been to
embed them in other Microformats such as hAtom, hReview, and hProduct.

As far as hReview is concerned, the current approach is to embed the
information in the hReview DESCRIPTION field.

Thus, if you are doing a review about an album, you would include the
hAudio markup of the album in the DESCRIPTION field of the hReview.

Does that address your concern?