[uf-new] hMovie?

Patrick Aljord patcito at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 12:51:54 PDT 2007

On 7/19/07, Andy Mabbett <andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk> wrote:
> In message <73A8F10D-0403-48BC-A32B-EB4FD44EAC55 at dabble.com>, Mary
> Hodder <mary at dabble.com> writes
> I think you're comparing apples and pears.

Yes I think it's good to make the distinction between a video format
(or container) such as avi, mpeg, mov, ogg etc (and the meta data you
can embed to them) and actual movies as described in magazines and web
sites such as IMDB.

When it comes to a video format, I don't care to know all the credits,
I just want to know the title, format, the bitrate, the duration and
that kind of stuff.

But when I read a review about a movie that doesn't even point to a
video file, I don't care about the the bitrate and format names, but I
might be interested in the director, producers, actors  etc...

> people *are* already publishing movie credits, such as on IMDb; and movies are > /not/ simply  video clips.

That's what I want to do this with microformats, movie credits that is.