[uf-new] hMovie?

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Thu Jul 19 11:03:16 PDT 2007

In message <73A8F10D-0403-48BC-A32B-EB4FD44EAC55 at dabble.com>, Mary
Hodder <mary at dabble.com> writes

>There are two things that I've noticed that may be in conflict:
>
>1.  the example in the email yesterday gave a list of IMDB like types
>of
>metadata around video from that perspective, that few people other than
>IMDB publish online.  Most people to not put up a video they've made,
>either on their own blogs, or embedded from a hoster, and list all
>those
>categories of metadata around the video.
>
>2.  most people (and hosters) tend to publish video and give a  limited
>set of data:
>title
>description
>url
>tags
>duration
>other formats via url
>thumbnail
>
>of the 100 million videos online now, that is maybe 95%  if not more.
>
>Microformats are supposed to reflect what is actually in practice
>online,
>not what you want people to do that they don't do now.

I think you're comparing apples and pears. people *are* already
publishing movie credits, such as on IMDb; and movies are /not/ simply
video clips.

There may well be a valid case for there being a microformat for each -
though I'd like to see the use-case for a movie microformat, as it's not
clear from this thread.

--
Andy Mabbett