[uf-new] Currency: more non-USD examples needed

Charles Iliya Krempeaux supercanadian at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 14:40:31 PDT 2007

Hello,

On 7/20/07, Scott Reynen <scott at makedatamakesense.com> wrote:

> I was going to continue discussion about a currency microformat, but
> I realized that the examples collected and analyzed so far are nearly
> all USD.  I don't think we can really make any knowledgeable
> proposals without more comprehensive examples, so I'm going to
> postpone further brainstorming and focus on collecting more
> examples.  And I'd of course encourage others to do the same.

In French... ever with French speaknig Canadians... the dollar sign is
written after the numerical amount.

Also... the way "decimal symbol" and "comma" are used are switched.  For
example...

In English...

    $5,000.00

In French...

   5.000,00 $

(Also note the extra space between the number and the currency symbol.)

See ya

--
    Charles Iliya Krempeaux, B.Sc. <http://ChangeLog.ca/>

                 Vlog Razor... Vlogging News