[uf-new] RFC: hAudio RDFa specification

Manu Sporny msporny at digitalbazaar.com
Wed Jul 25 13:53:54 PDT 2007

A draft specification mapping hAudio uF to hAudio RDFa has been created
and can be found here:

http://wiki.digitalbazaar.com/en/HAudio_RDFa

There are several goals in mapping hAudio Microformats to RDFa[1]:

1. Provide an alternative mark-up for the semantic vocabulary generated
   via the Microformats process.
2. Do what we say in the Microformats Copyright Statement:
   "the authors intend to submit this specification to a standards
   body". As far as I know, no Microformat has been put through the
   W3C process yet, has it?
3. Directly address the uF name spacing and scoping issues that some in
   the uF community have raised concerns about.
4. Get wider approval for hAudio than just the Microformats community.
   Specifically, the W3C and Creative Commons.

At the moment the W3C RDFa task force is looking at the hAudio RDFa
specification[2]. There is a chance it will be proposed to the W3C
Multimedia Semantics Incubator[3] work group as well.

Many thanks regarding help and direction provided by Ben Adida (W3C RDFa
task-force chair), Mike Linksvayer (VP of Creative Commons) and Mike
Kaply (Operator/Firefox 3 Microformats).

Please let your thoughts be known about this initiative and the hAudio
RDFa draft specification... changes, suggestions, problems, comments, etc.

-- manu

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-rdfa-primer
[2]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2007Jul/0194.html
[3] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/