[uf-new] hAudio - audio-album and audio-podcast

Joe Andrieu joe at andrieu.net
Wed Jun 6 00:43:37 PDT 2007

Manu Sporny wrote:
> Brian Suda wrote:
> > --- now we are spiraling back to ideas of what people "WANT" rather
> > than model what is being published.
>
> I agree - we should keep our focus on solving demonstrated
> needs as outlined by the audio-info-examples exploratory
> discussion. Right now, we are talking about audio albums.

Rather than respond in detail to other points, I'd like to make a suggestion.

Why don't we stop worrying about albums and just solve audio-info?

This seems to be the most atomic, simplest case we can address. Playlists, albums, tracks, CDs, etc., are all complications. Once we
get hAudio working, I think it makes sense to talk about what hAlbum might look like--including whether or not it is just another
"type" of hAudio.

There are clearly far more audio pieces on the web than albums, even if all albums are (or have) audio characteristics.

Can we focus on solving this base case and then build from there?

-j

--
Joe Andrieu
SwitchBook Software