[uf-new] Third attempt at hAudio

Martin McEvoy martin at weborganics.co.uk
Thu Jun 7 12:00:39 PDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-06-07 at 14:17 -0400, Manu Sporny wrote:
> Brian Suda wrote:
> > On 6/7/07, Martin McEvoy <martin at weborganics.co.uk> wrote:
> >> should we should re-use "summary" from hReview ?
> >> http://microformats.org/wiki/hreview#Schema
> >>
> >> "summary:: This optional field serves as a title for the review itself."
> >>
> >> It helps not to confuse the title of a hAudio with a contained vCard and
> >> I think it has better meaning
> >
> > --- i had the same thought myself. I think we should consider this
> > swap so it is also more inline with hReview and avoid confusion of FN
> > in the contributor and well as the FN of the container.
>
> Any objections to changing 'fn' to 'summary'? I definitely like
> 'summary' much more than 'fn'.
>
> Ideally, we would be using 'title' - why can't we do that, again?
> Because hcard uses it?
>
> When the proposal started out, as Martin pointed out in an earlier
> discussion, we started with 'work-title'.

Personally I was not a supporter of changing work-title in the first
place...

> What are the arguments against using 'title'? The only one that I can
> think of is "hcard already uses it". The use of 'title' with haudio
> seems to be a much more correct use of the word "title" that could be
> used in hAudio, hVideo, hPublication, hMedia, etc.

Yes this would be preferable it certainly has a better meaning than
summary. I initialy thought this, It fits in with existing methods in
use and concepts already discussed,

but as you say it may be mistaken an misunderstood as re-use of title
from vCard which it is not, and its the same kind of thing we are trying
to avoid in with "fn".

I would prefer users to understand or misunderstand what hAudio is
trying to describe as a re-use of the summary attribute from hreview It
makes it easy.

I also think that in any future evolution of hAudio for example hAlbum,
hCast etc, may rely on a "title" attribute of some kind for its meaning.

In most cases an audio track is one of many tracks, to give all these a
title attribute may be excessive and lead to confusion again.

-Martin-