[uf-new] audio-title proposal for haudio

Martin McEvoy martin at weborganics.co.uk
Mon Jun 11 11:55:17 PDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-06-11 at 12:22 -0400, Manu Sporny wrote:
> There seem to be quite a number of good arguments one way or the other
> concerning the use or mis-use of 'title', 'summary', 'description', and
> other such pre-existing class names.
>
> Since we plan to embed haudio in other Microformats, it seems that we
> should pick something that will not conflict with any of the other
> already created Microformats.
>
> Trying to convince the list to re-use any of the pre-existing element
> names has met with stiff opposition.
>
> I am proposing that we use 'audio-title' and leave it at that. I'll work
> this into the haudio proposal at the end of this week unless there is
> strong opposition to this proposal.

I know I sound awkward

I preferred work-title if we are going to invent a new microformat.

"work-title of an audio recording is a short textual description used to
identify the work among interested parties. This is also referred to as
the title of the work. This can be the title of a speech, song title, or
short description regarding a sound effect."

At least it's more likely to be re-used in other microformats

-Martin-