[uf-new] ISBN, ISSN and the case for moving forward now

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Sun Mar 18 04:53:13 PST 2007

In message <522C3D75-3485-433C-9017-68EEC9C1DFF9 at deri.org>, Alexander
Graf <alexander.graf at deri.org> writes

>I want you to know that the ISBN format has changed as of
>Januar 1st 2007. In your test cases, the ISBN numbers are ten
>digits, which is *no longer valid*!

It's my understanding that 10-digit ISBNs (a published in millions of
books and journals and many thousands, if not millions, of websites) are
still valid. Can you provide specific a citation otherwise, please?

--
Andy Mabbett
                  <http://www.pigsonthewing.org.uk/uFsig/>

             Ten-day moderation delays amount to a defacto ban!