[uf-new] Namespacing in hAudio (Was: First draft of hAudio proposal)

Frances Berriman fberriman at gmail.com
Wed May 2 02:51:56 PDT 2007

On 02/05/07, Manu Sporny <msporny at digitalbazaar.com> wrote:
> Brian Suda wrote:
> > On 5/1/07, James Craig <jcraig at apple.com> wrote:
> >> I'm curious why class namespacing is vehemently opposed in other
> >> Microformats, but proposed in hAudio.
> >
> > --- it should be here as well.
> There are examples to back up our need for grouping, especially
> regarding audio recordings.
> http://microformats.org/wiki/grouping-examples
> There are five different methods of doing so posted here:
> http://microformats.org/wiki/grouping-brainstorming
> Brian, Martin, Scott - if you don't like the method listed in the
> proposal... please suggest a replacement and the rest of the community
> can weigh in on the merits of each method.

As a brief aside, if there's a general uneasiness about a proposed
solution (in this case, the groupings) I think it's a good point to
slow down a bit and rework the problem until a happy resolution can be
found, rather than rushing to a draft regardless.  I think it could be
damaging to put forward a draft that isn't really working out the way
a majority would like as it may make further draft iterations

Coming into this one a bit late (but perhaps my fresh look at it might
help to work back through the problem with a non-name-spaced solution)
but in the examples on the brainstorming page, the ID appears to
always be the content of the "work-title" field anyway.

Why isn't this sufficient to use to work out the group the item belongs to?

Doesn't the nesting always indicate what belongs to what?

Frances Berriman