[uf-new] First attempt at hAudio proposal

Scott Reynen scott at makedatamakesense.com
Wed May 2 13:53:46 PDT 2007

On May 2, 2007, at 3:28 PM, Manu Sporny wrote:

> http://microformats.org/discuss/mail/microformats-new/2007-March/
> 000028.html
> http://microformats.org/discuss/mail/microformats-new/2007-April/
> 000096.html
>
>>> Can this be solved by extending an existing format?
>
> Maybe... but every attempt at doing so has been shot down to date.
> Read
> the previous threads. Please propose a solution if you think
> differently.

The last message in those threads begins with "hAtom as a transport
for music-downloads makes loads of sense to me."  I don't see where
hAtom was "shot down."

Here's my proposal:

work-title -> hatom entry-title
contributor -> hatom author
published-date -> hatom published
sample -> rel-enclosure in hatom entry-summary
acquire -> rel-enclosure in hatom entry-content
image-summary -> hcard photo in hatom entry-summary
genre -> hcard category
length -> new class="length", or defer in first draft
price -> new class="price", or defer in first draft

--
Scott Reynen
MakeDataMakeSense.com