[uf-new] Re: hAtom is not a silver bullet

Martin McEvoy martin at weborganics.co.uk
Thu May 3 17:44:01 PDT 2007

Oh dear!

I dont mean to be abrupt with you guys but think we are all getting a
bit off the path with all this

Manu, you are right hAtom is not "a silver bullet" no one ever suggested
it was.

David, I would argue that publishing music and blog publishing have
similarities but we have already established that hAtom may not be the
solution to the hAudio problem.

hAudio  may be something we can sprinkle in to other microformats such
as hAtom or any future media-info microformat.

http://microformats.org/discuss/mail/microformats-new/2007-April/000096.html

what we did decide was in any media-info microformat the download url is
not going to be necessary, not important to media info, but a highly
important factor of music-downloads.

so the media-info discussion was broken down into pieces, audio info
first, then video and images will hopefully fit in (although I doubt
it).

I hope everyone is up to speed on what we are trying to do now.