[uf-new] First attempt at hAudio proposal

Martin McEvoy martin at weborganics.co.uk
Mon May 7 13:56:43 PDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-05-07 at 19:25 +0100, Martin McEvoy wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-05-07 at 10:58 -0700, James Craig wrote:
> > Manu Sporny wrote:
> >
> > > <abbr class="duration" title="P203S">Three minutes, twenty-three
> > > seconds</abbr>
> > >
> > > This is a good candidate for specifying time durations across
> > > Microformats and could be added to the datetime-design-pattern.
> >
> > Manu et al, please keep in mind the work we are doing to correct the
> > problem with the misuse of the abbr-design-pattern. Whatever the
> > outcome, it will affect this misuse of ABBR as well. I'd encourage to
> > contribute to the test case page as well.
>
> so
> Three minutes, twenty-three seconds
>
> would be more friendly?

this is better,

<dfn class="value" title="P203S">
Three minutes, twenty-three seconds
</dfn>

Jaws will ignore the title attribute in <dfn> (definition) and speak
this as,

Three minutes, twenty-three seconds

and you get the tool tip too ;)

here is a good article to read to help get abbr issues solved.

http://alistapart.com/articles/hattrick