[uf-new] hAudio Test

Martin McEvoy martin at weborganics.co.uk
Fri May 11 10:57:03 PDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-05-11 at 07:38 -0500, Scott Reynen wrote:
> On May 10, 2007, at 6:57 PM, Martin McEvoy wrote:
>
> > It would be nice if someone could say they get what I am trying to
> > do or
> > that it doesn't make sense so comments and criticism are welcome.
> >
> > http://weborganics.co.uk/haudio
>
> > <!-- this is the unique id of our collection using MusicBrainz
> > release ID http://musicbrainz.org/release/235b1044-03ae-4dc3-
> > ba57-9f30230bba22.html , in my aural style sheet I have .uid{speak:
> > none;} -->
>
> Aural style sheets aren't supported by most screen readers, so this
> will be read aloud.  More generally, if data isn't appropriate for
> humans, it doesn't belong in a microformat.  Microformats are for
> humans first.

you are right of course should be
or

> What is the purpose of the title here?  It looks redundant.
>
> > <!-- Title is the title of our collection. -->
> > 	<a class="url" href="http://www.downloadpunk.com/?
> > webaction=AlbumDetail&amp;albumid=13202">Fifty Million People Can't
> > Be Wrong</a>
>
> It's also the job title of our hCard, which looks like an unintended
> consequence to using an established class name to communicate a new
> meaning.

title has an unintended consequence here you are right.
this is the collection title.

> This item-collection markup looks redundant, as the exact same
> relationship can be inferred from song-album markup.

you are the expert here. :)

maybe I'm just not being clear,

this is what I am trying to do

example,

<a class="include" href="#a"></a>
A stamp.

I'm thinking that all this markup isn't necessary to define a collection
maybe it will work with just the class includes, I personally don't know
that's why I ask all you guys.

> > Duration: <span class="duration" title="447"><dfn class="value
> > end">3:41</dfn></span>
> > <!-- *note*  title="447" this is marked as the end of the second
> > track and total time elapsed since the start of our tile it gives
> > an idea where an episode might begin and end on a long podcast -->
>
> I don't understand this.  It looks like humans are being told one
> thing and machines another.  Also, why is this going into the note of
> the hCard?  Is this hCard for the song or the musician?  Songs don't
> need hCards, and musicians don't need song durations in their notes.

kind of experimental and you are right for machines and people but not
so clear this is supposed to act like a track marker.

we were asked to design this microformat for a machine or machines.
Songbird is one.

change to this:

music downloads or purchases do have all kids of notes, bit-rate,
file-size, duration, It maybe unnecessary? just trying to point prasers
to a useful part of a page

> This looks wrong.  The contributor should be the hCard, not the role.

I don't agree. we have more than one contributor to an album Artists,
Publishers, Distributors, Management, p.r., songwriters, the list goes
on...

this says the contributor role is the Publisher?

> That's probably enough for now.

help!!

;)

Martin.