[uf-new] hSet Survey - Current Results

James Craig jcraig at apple.com
Wed May 30 09:42:50 PDT 2007

Manu Sporny wrote:

> 5. Using dot-notation for identifiers and classes is an acceptable
> practice when authoring CSS and XHTML.
> Yes, dot-notation is not a foreign concept to most website authors.
> 				4 	66.67%
> Maybe, only website authors are familiar with it
> 			 	1 	16.67%
> No, it is too complicated for most website authors
> 				1 	16.67%
> I have no idea what dot-notation is...
> 				0 	0.00%

Although I'm in favor or simple, hierarchical classnames, I don't
think the main opposition to this has to do with its complexity, and
if so, the argument certainly shouldn't be whittled down to a
multiple-choice question that is this simple. It's leading. Perhaps
the same survey questions should be rewritten by one of your
viewpoint opponents.