[uf-new] hAudio Examples (was: hAudio Specification Page is published)

Ben Ward lists at ben-ward.co.uk
Sat Nov 3 17:34:43 PST 2007

On 3 Nov 2007, at 15:42, Manu Sporny wrote:
> The hAudio Draft Specification has a new home:
>
> http://microformats.org/wiki/haudio

I've been through and edited the examples to fix issues with
validation and incorrect closing tags.

I have the following issues with them:

• class="price" should not include mark-up from a currency proposal.
It could endorse, promote and spread use of mark-up that is later
discarded as sub-optimal. I don't think the hAudio spec should
advocate use of an unfinished microformat at all.

at the moment.

• All uses of the ABBR pattern for dates and times should use
hyphenated separators. We're still in an accessibility grey spot with
regards to the whole thing, but it was noted that splitting dates
with hyphens made it acceptable in some cases ("2007-11-03" over
"20071103"). I don't know what the effect is of your new duration
abbreviations. It's important that someone with access to the right
equipment tests those expansions with assistive technology. If it's
appropriate to hyphenate the expansions in the time formats, then
they should be.

• I'm of the view that whilst use of HTML elements should be neutral
wherever possible (SPAN, DIV), use of presentational elements such as
BR should not feature in our examples. Some of the examples are using
BR to change the presentation. These should be reworked somehow.

Ben