[uf-new] [hAudio] fn _or_ album

Scott Reynen scott at makedatamakesense.com
Mon Nov 5 16:05:34 PST 2007

On Nov 5, 2007, at 4:24 PM, Martin McEvoy wrote:

> a single audio recording?

Again, that depends what you mean by "single."  If you mean "one
item," then yes.  An album is one piece of audio, a song is one piece
of audio, an opera is one piece of audio, etc.  If you mean "contains
no sub-items," then no.  But of course that's not true of anything we
markup with microformats.  Events can be divided into sub-events,
organizations into sub-organizations, a list into sub-lists, and so on.

But why are you asking?  Is there specific audio you're unsure of how
to publish with the current hAudio proposal?  If it's audio, put it in
class="haudio".  If it has sub-items, put them in class="item".
Beyond that, it gets rather philosophical.  Does anything really have
meaning beyond the sum of its parts?  We don't really need to answer
that, so let's not.

--
Scott Reynen
MakeDataMakeSense.com