[uf-new] I propose a new microformat for poems.

Charles Iliya Krempeaux supercanadian at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 11:58:11 PDT 2007

Hello Michael,

On 10/3/07, Michael Walker <mike at yarrt.com> wrote:
> Well, this is my first post to this mailing list and I thought i'd start
> by addressing a problem thats been annoying me for a while.
>
> I can't seem to find a microformat for poetry. I often write poems and
> post them to my blog (http://blog.yarrt.com), and I sometimes wonder about
> the best way to code them. Below is the method I have thought of (with one
> of my poems as an example):

[...]

> What do you all think?

This is an excellent example of POSH.

So... you this may be a case for POSH (Plain Old Semantic HTML),
instead of a Microformat.  Here's more info on POSH...

http://microformats.org/wiki/posh

Having said that... if there are others putting poems on the web
too... then there may be a case to come up with a common POSH format
-- a Microformat.  If that's the case then you may want to look at the
Microformat process...

http://microformats.org/wiki/process

See ya

--