[uf-new] hAudio position and description properties

Martin McEvoy martin at weborganics.co.uk
Sat Oct 6 19:47:17 PDT 2007

On Sat, 2007-10-06 at 21:08 -0400, Manu Sporny wrote:
> Most of the day today was spent re-analyzing all of the music service
> and podcast websites in audio-info-examples using Microformalyze. The
> raw analysis data is available here:
>
> http://microformats.org/wiki/audio-info-examples#Microformalyze_Data_Files
>
> The analysis is available here:
>
> http://microformats.org/wiki/audio-info-examples#Analysis_of_Music_Services
>
> http://microformats.org/wiki/audio-info-examples#Analysis_of_Music_Podcasts
>
> The new analysis shows very strong support for POSITION. This property
> is displayed in 70.73% of 41 music service websites analyzed and 100% of
> the 8 podcast websites analyzed.

I found No evidence of Position as far as podcasting is concerned
although all the examples make a reference to episode I am not sure that
this is the same thing, Can I also point out that podcasting Is NOT a
problem area for this discussion.

However Position Is something that should be supported As far as Music
Downloads are concerned

+1 for Position

> There is also enough support to meet the 80/20 rule for DESCRIPTION.
> This property is displayed in 39.02% of 41 music service websites
> analyzed and 100% of the 8 podcast websites analyzed.

+1 for Description

> PROPOSAL: We add POSITION and DESCRIPTION to the hAudio draft since
>           there are enough examples to warrant their inclusion into
>           the Microformat.
>
> -- manu

Manu are you also going to REMOVE the Album and Podcast properties and
revert back to *audio-title* until any disputes have been resolved? I do
not think that three votes was enough to warrant any changes to the
existing proposal.

I think you should have notified all the active participants in hAudio
BEFORE you made any changes to OUR proposition.

Thanks

Martin