[uf-new] hAudio position and description properties

Martin McEvoy martin at weborganics.co.uk
Sun Oct 7 12:30:39 PDT 2007

On Sun, 2007-10-07 at 03:47 +0100, Martin McEvoy wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-10-06 at 21:08 -0400, Manu Sporny wrote:
> > Most of the day today was spent re-analyzing all of the music service
> > and podcast websites in audio-info-examples using Microformalyze. The
> > raw analysis data is available here:
> >
> > http://microformats.org/wiki/audio-info-examples#Microformalyze_Data_Files
> >
> > The analysis is available here:
> >
> > http://microformats.org/wiki/audio-info-examples#Analysis_of_Music_Services
> >
> > http://microformats.org/wiki/audio-info-examples#Analysis_of_Music_Podcasts
> >
> > The new analysis shows very strong support for POSITION. This property
> > is displayed in 70.73% of 41 music service websites analyzed and 100% of
> > the 8 podcast websites analyzed.
>
> I found No evidence of Position as far as podcasting is concerned
> although all the examples make a reference to episode I am not sure that
> this is the same thing, Can I also point out that podcasting Is NOT a
> problem area for this discussion.
>
> However Position Is something that should be supported As far as Music
> Downloads are concerned
>
> +1 for Position
>

> > There is also enough support to meet the 80/20 rule for DESCRIPTION.
> > This property is displayed in 39.02% of 41 music service websites
> > analyzed and 100% of the 8 podcast websites analyzed.
>
> +1 for Description
>

> > PROPOSAL: We add POSITION and DESCRIPTION to the hAudio draft since
> >           there are enough examples to warrant their inclusion into
> >           the Microformat.
> >
> > -- manu
>
> Manu are you also going to REMOVE the Album and Podcast properties and
> revert back to *audio-title* until any disputes have been resolved? I do
> not think that three votes was enough to warrant any changes to the
> existing proposal.
>
> I think you should have notified all the active participants in hAudio
> BEFORE you made any changes to OUR proposition.

Sorry for seeming unreasonable but the additions of Album and Recording
really was a bit of a surprise to me and something that wasn't fully
discussed

Anyway An easy solution  The beginning of this conversation was about
(in a nutshell) merging certain properties from  hAlbum into hAudio
right! so why don't we just do that

>From hAlbum we reuse both

*album-title*
http://microformats.org/wiki/audio-album-proposal#Album_Title

and

*track*
http://microformats.org/wiki/audio-album-proposal#Track

coupled with new properties

*position*  and *description*

merge all that with the 0.6 version of hAudio and I think we have
something that will suit everyone's situation

The full property list would be

hAudio
album-title
contributor