[uf-new] item property (was: hAudio: audio-title/album-title vs. recording/album)

Manu Sporny msporny at digitalbazaar.com
Sun Oct 14 14:03:55 PDT 2007

Justin Maxwell wrote:
> and i thought i was helping define a microformat, not practicing my
> skill in public debate.  so, we're even. :)

You must be new here. This is the New Microformats Community. We don't
actually create Microformats, instead we endlessly debate the meaning of
words and their implied semantics. Sometimes we argue with one another
just for the hell of it. We are at our best on the weekends, when sane
people are outside, enjoying their time off from work. :)

>> If people refer to a songs or other recording as a "track" - as the
>> evidence [1] shows they do - then we should use that.

Andy, Martin, Justin, and everyone else that is asserting that TRACK has
multiple, different meanings: You are all correct.

TRACK has multiple definitions, nobody is arguing that it doesn't.
ITEM is also not as semantically accurate as TRACK in hAudio.

This thread has been identified as hAudio ISSUE #13 and has been
recorded on the wiki. Please go and leave your feedback/preference for
TRACK or ITEM if you have been involved in this conversation:

http://microformats.org/wiki/audio-info-issues#Problem:_Container_property_naming