[uf-new] hAudio duration syntax

Manu Sporny msporny at digitalbazaar.com
Mon Oct 15 10:34:17 PDT 2007

Scott Reynen wrote:
> On Oct 15, 2007, at 8:57 AM, Manu Sporny wrote:
>
>> The corrected value should be:
>>
>> title="PT268S"
>>
>> OR
>>
>> title="PT4M46S"
>>
>> That field must follow the ISO-8601 standard.
>
> I think the current consensus around ISO 8601 is that we should use the
> most human-readable valid syntax.  Of the two above, the latter appears
> to be more readable.  However, I think the following may also be valid
> ISO 8601 duration syntax:
>
> title="PT04:46"

I haven't been able to find anything to support that mark-up (I tried
looking for about 30 minutes). Here are the pages that I found (none of
which use the mark-up you specified above):

http://www.ostyn.com/standards/scorm/samples/ISOTimeForSCORM.htm
http://www.stylusstudio.com/w3c/schema2/built-in-primitive-datatypes.htm#duration

I also couldn't find it in the ISO-8601 specification (page 31 and 32):

http://isotc.iso.org/livelink/livelink/4021199/ISO_8601_2004_E.zip?func=doc.Fetch&nodeid=4021199

There are no extended formats for time interval that I can see. Unless
anybody else can find any evidence to the contrary, we should probably
use the following format in the examples:

title="PT4M46S"