[uf-new] hAudio duration syntax

Scott Reynen scott at makedatamakesense.com
Mon Oct 15 12:52:27 PDT 2007

On Oct 15, 2007, at 11:34 AM, Manu Sporny wrote:

> I also couldn't find it in the ISO-8601 specification (page 31 and
> 32):
>
> http://isotc.iso.org/livelink/livelink/4021199/ISO_8601_2004_E.zip?
> func=doc.Fetch&nodeid=4021199

I didn't realize the actual ISO spec was available for free.  Section
4.4.3.3 of that document covers the "Alternative Format" for duration
mentioned in Wikipedia:

> The complete representation of the expression for duration in the
> alternative format is as follows:
> Basic format: PYYYYMMDDThhmmss or PYYYYDDDThhmmss
> Extended format: PYYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ss or PYYYY-DDDThh:mm:ss

That section also includes several references to other sections
defining date and time formats, including "reduced accuracy" formats
(i.e. removing segments with values of zero).  So I believe "PT04:46"
is a valid ISO 8601 duration.

--
Scott Reynen
MakeDataMakeSense.com