[Audio] Playlists and Albums (was: Re: [uf-new] item property)

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Mon Oct 15 23:18:30 PDT 2007

In message <1192495826.5054.93.camel at localhost.localdomain>, Martin
McEvoy <martin at weborganics.co.uk> writes

>TRACK in the way Some on the list mean it is current popular slang for
>what is a composition or a song the stuff you actually hear through your
>speakers or read about on the Internet, very nice in your retro 50s to
>80s world when you were buying the latest groovy track by Cliff Richard
>but... the world has moved on

Apparently not, according to the evidence presented.

>what will a track be in the near future?
>To me as non-existent as Vinyl and CD's

Your personal hypothesis of some future development carries no weight.

>If we are going to use Slang to mark up hAudio why not class="choon" its
>as good a word as any?

Do we have any evidence that people, in the wild, are using "choon" to
refer to individual pieces of music, on their web pages? No.

Do we have any evidence that people, in the wild, are using "track" to
refer to individual pieces of music, on their web pages? Yes.

>all I have to go on is the Field definition on the wiki
>http://microformats.org/wiki/audio-info-proposal#Track
>and the principles of designing microformats
>http://microformats.org/wiki/principles

and the evidence.

[...]
 >a container that means nothing