[Audio] Playlists and Albums (was: Re: [uf-new] item property)

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Tue Oct 16 11:13:24 PDT 2007

In message <7F4D8CAD-11A1-4D75-96B3-E92CCE3841FF at code404.com>, Justin
Maxwell <soc at code404.com> writes

>On Oct 15, 2007, at 11:18 PM, Andy Mabbett wrote:
>
>> Do we have any evidence that people, in the wild, are using "choon"
>>to refer to individual pieces of music, on their web pages? No.
>
>Unless of course by "no," you mean "yes."

I meant "no"; that's why I typed "no".

Note that I said "do we have", in the (then) present tense.

[...]
>feel free to throw the words "playlist,"  "album," "set," and any other
>appropriate context in which "choons"  might be "rinsed" in there for
>good measure...

Sure. Google finds:

        about    272,000 for choon +album

        about 99,000,000 for track +album

and:

        about    83,200 for choon +opera

        about 6,820,000 for track +opera

        (none of at least the first few pages of the former seems to
        relate "choon" to Opera in the classical sense)

and:

                    3 for "choon 1" +"choon 2" +album

        about 867,000 for "track 1" +"track 2" +album

        (none of the former seems to be from a list of
        sequentially-numbered "choons")

Does anyone still favour "choon" over "track"?

--
Andy Mabbett