[uf-new] Re: Microformalyze (Apology made an ass of myself)

Manu Sporny msporny at digitalbazaar.com
Sat Oct 20 10:29:42 PDT 2007

Martin McEvoy wrote:
>> Baba                               : 100.00%
>> Flumps                             : 50.00%
>>
>> I KNOW these two properties do not exist in any way at WebOrganics
>>
>> Can you see now WHY I am concerned and moderately confused
>> Microformalize does not seem to be calculating the existence of these
>> properties on a page it seems to be Just calculating if I have ticked a
>> box or not.
>>
>> Am I missing something?
>
> You know I am Impossibly Dense sometimes, Lets call it being
> overworked :)
>
> Sorry Manu Looking at the above now It seems I was making an ass of
> myself again
>
> Wish I was better at apologising

No problem, Martin - no need to feel that bad about it. I could have
been much more helpful in the first reply I sent to the list regarding
the examples and Microformalyze, so my apologies for that. :)

Your intentions were good and that goes a long way. Plus, there has
never been a public vetting on Microformalyze, so that was very useful
as well. In addition, we can say that the hAudio examples have been
rigorously defended - which only strengthens the hAudio Microformat.

All in all, while painful, these discussions help us understand what
we're doing in the Microformats community and how we go about doing it.

That being said, I'm going to be mailing an updated proposal to the
hAudio TRACK/ITEM debate that I think will work for everyone involved
and will hopefully resolve the last major remaining issues for hAudio!