[uf-new] an equation/MathML/TeX microformat?

Jeff McNeill jeff at jeffmcneill.com
Thu Oct 25 20:52:23 PDT 2007

Aloha Paul, et al,

Microformats won't fix any display problems that folks have, but could
help with say the problem of searching for a given formula across
semantically marked up content.

However, since the problem to be solved seems to be rendering the math
visually, with a variety of ways of doing that, would a microformat
require all the formulations (aka mathml, texvc, mimetex) to provide
support for yet another markup?

(Paul, I recall your comments on my blog entry trying to implement
just such rendering on a mediawiki install
http://jeffmcneill.com/2007/01/24/mathml-tex-latex-texvc-mimetex-oh-my/
)

You are right, it is a mess. Not sure how microformats could help, though.

--
Sincerely,
Jeff McNeill