[uf-new] hAudio ITEM debate proposal #3

Manu Sporny msporny at digitalbazaar.com
Mon Oct 29 06:42:24 PST 2007

Michael Smethurst wrote:
> Again not wanting to muddy any waters but it seems like we're trying to
> capture 2 forms of containment here:
>
> - using nesting + item to indicate containment of

This is correct. More specifically, we use item to indicate containment
of another hAudio.

> - using album to indicate containment by

ALBUM does not indicate containment of any kind with this proposal. The
only thing ALBUM does is name the title of the album the hAudio is
associated with and further specify the type of the hAudio if FN is
missing. So:

* If only ALBUM is specified, the hAudio is an album.
* If FN and ALBUM are specified and different, the hAudio is a song in
an album.
* IF FN and ALBUM are both specified and are identical, the hAudio is an
album.

> Is there any mileage in pushing for class="hasPart" and class="isPartOf"?

hAudio RDFa specifies a rel="hmedia:contains", which does exactly what
you are proposing above. It works really well in the RDFa markup, but as
you said... RDFa markup is a bit different than Microformats markup.

We don't really have a universally accepted way of creating the
equivalent of a RDF link within a Microformatted page. Do we?