[uf-new] Album Vs audio-title (was hAudio ITEM debate proposal #3)

Martin McEvoy martin at adwords-media.co.uk
Tue Oct 30 04:34:03 PST 2007

Scott Reynen wrote:
> On Oct 29, 2007, at 5:07 PM, Martin McEvoy wrote:
>
>> also I dont believe fn and album together serve any real benefit as they
>> both seem to mean the equivalent of a title
>

> Not true.
OK? ......

> On Oct 21, 2007, at 12:20 PM, Scott Reynen wrote:
>
>> FN does *not* mean album name.  It means *audio* name.  Whether or
>> not that's the same as the album name determines whether or not we're
>> talking about an album.

That Is YOUR definition

> This is a pattern taken directly from hCard, another context in which
> subtypes are not explicitly stated but can still be determined by
> which elements are present.  If you think hAudio should differ from
> hCard here, please explain why.
are you meaning that  "fn album" is an optimization  based on something
like  the  nickname optimization in  hCard  ?
http://microformats.org/wiki/hcard#Implied_.22nickname.22_Optimization

The wiki is a little misleading at the moment but off the
audio-info-proposal page...

Album

The title of a collection of audio recordings that are represented as a
CD, album or LP. The text should be a short textual description used to
identify the work among interested parties. This can be the title of a
CD, album title, or the name of a collection of audio recordings.

    * The element is identified by the class name |album-title|.
    * hAudio /MUST/ have either |album-title| or |audio-title|.

http://microformats.org/wiki/audio-info-proposal#Album

How has the definition changed from the above?

All I am suggesting is that we should forget about any "fn album"
optimization for now and keep it simple.
Now that  item / fn has been accepted to described hAudio  tracks, there
is no real need to complicate hAudio any more than saying that
audio-title is the main hAudio title and fn is a track title and leave
it there.

Thanks

Martin McEvoy
Adwords Media