[uf-new] Album Vs audio-title (was hAudio ITEM debate proposal #3)

Manu Sporny msporny at digitalbazaar.com
Tue Oct 30 20:30:57 PST 2007

Martin McEvoy wrote:
> Scott Has informed me that item and fn cant share the same class so
>
> more Tracks

> I like the songs <span class="item"><span class="fn">Everything in Its
> National Anthem </span></span>
> from the <span class="audio-title">Kid A</span> album
>
> A podcast,

>   <h1 class="audio title">My Latest Episode</h1>
> <ol>
> class="duration">10:15</span></li>
> class="duration">08:15</span></li>
> class="duration">09:05</span></li>
> class="duration">12:33</span></li>
> </ol>

Your podcast example has exactly the same semantics associated with it
as your album example. Take a closer look at the structure of both, they
are:

haudio
   item
      fn
   item
      fn
   audio-title

haudio
   audio-title
   item
      fn
      duration
   item
      fn
      duration
   item
      fn
      duration
   item
      fn
      duration

Looking at the structure, not the data. How can you say one is an album
and the other is a podcast? There is no way to deduce this information
from the mark-up. Have I understood your approach correctly?