[uf-new] hAudio ISSUE #8: hAlbum is redundant

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Sun Sep 9 02:23:10 PDT 2007

In message <46E30423.20404 at digitalbazaar.com>, Manu Sporny
<msporny at digitalbazaar.com> writes

>Most of hAlbum's properties overlap with hAudio. In fact, the only two
>properties that do not overlap with hAudio are 'album-title' and
>'track'.
>
>It has been proposed that we merge these two properties into hAudio

You prose:

        # If only 'album-title' is specified, then the hAudio is an
        album.

        # If only 'audio-title' is specified, then the hAudio is a
        song/speech or other singular work.

        # If both 'album-title' and 'audio-title' is specified, then the
        hAudio is a song that is part of an album.

I think those names are confusing; they should be:

        albunm-title + track-title

or simply:

        album + track

I'm also not clear why, for two tracks on one album, three hAudio
microformats are required.

Why not:

          (<abbr class="duration" title="348">5:48</abbr>)

          (<abbr class="duration" title="219">3:39</abbr>)

Finally, please note that "3:39" is not an abbreviation of "219".

--
Andy Mabbett