[uf-new] hAudio ISSUE #8: hAlbum is redundant

Manu Sporny msporny at digitalbazaar.com
Sun Sep 9 07:18:29 PDT 2007

Andy Mabbett wrote:
>         # If both 'album-title' and 'audio-title' is specified, then the
>         hAudio is a song that is part of an album.
>
> I think those names are confusing; they should be:
>
>         albunm-title + track-title
>
> or simply:
>
>         album + track

Of the two, I'd prefer the latter method. What about using RECORDING?
This would allow us to re-use that class name in hVideo to denote the
name of a video recording. We can't use TRACK as that is the class name
we're using to denote the tracks in an album. That being said, would
something like this work?

hAudio Contents                  Type
---------------                  -----------
recording                        Audio Recording
recording + album                Audio Recording with Album info
album                            Album
toplist                          Top List
podcast                          Podcast

> I'm also not clear why, for two tracks on one album, three hAudio
> microformats are required.

If we make TRACK a container object, then it must have the exact same
semantics as hAudio. If I understand you correctly, TRACK is no
different from HAUDIO in your proposal. Do we want to have two CLASS
names that have the exact same semantics, but different names?

The proposal was to use TRACK to denote individual tracks and HAUDIO to
contain all data represented in the track.

>           (<abbr class="duration" title="219">3:39</abbr>)
>
> Finally, please note that "3:39" is not an abbreviation of "219".

Thanks for catching that :)

Duration uses the ISO-8601 format for marking up durations. I've fixed
the audio-info-proposal, album-info-proposal, and audio-info-issues pages.

> I've also asked before for a "note" property to be included.

This issue is recorded as hAudio ISSUE #6:
http://microformats.org/wiki/audio-info-issues#Problem:_Summary_Property_is_Missing

Please vote on the issue to help resolve it:
http://microformats.org/wiki/audio-info-issues#Votes_6

> I'm also not clear why the property for sleeve artwork is called
> "image-summary" and not just "image".

This issue is recorded as hAudio ISSUE #1:
http://microformats.org/wiki/audio-info-issues#image-summary_Property