[uf-new] video-info-examples page clarifications

Manu Sporny msporny at digitalbazaar.com
Wed Sep 12 10:29:35 PDT 2007

Mary Hodder wrote:
> Appreciate the clarifications.  Very helpful.  I will get one of my
> engineers to run some queries, to see what percentages we have across 27
> mil videos and then post them here and in the wiki.

Make sure to ask them to not duplicate data sources. Don't analyze 400
URLs from the same site. Instead, analyze 400 URLS from different sites.

Make sure that they generate a machine-readable data file (tab
delimited, comma separated, or XML) and that you can show that data file
to the Microformats community. We need hard, demonstrable numbers so
nobody can assert that the data is not legitimate. More importantly, we
need to be able to verify any findings and prove their existence to
others in the community.

> Also, regarding terminology, i think having as close to real meaningful
> terms as possible is best.

Agreed.

> For example, I'd suggest "date published" and "date released"  because
> at least they are clear and require no explanation.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll update all the Microformalyze data
files tonight or tomorrow and upload your suggested changes to the wiki.