[uf-new] hAudio ISSUE #8: hAlbum is redundant

Martin McEvoy martin at weborganics.co.uk
Fri Sep 14 14:06:03 PDT 2007

Manu Sporny wrote on Thu, 13 Sep 2007 20:59:18 -0700

> Let's look at an example using your proposal:
>
> ...listening to May the Rain found on Paper Tigers by...
>
> With the album-keyword-based proposal, here's the markup:
>
> ...listening to
> by...
>
> with the haudio-title-based proposal, here's how we would do that:
>
> ...listening to
>    found on
> by...

Neither YOU or I would markup hAudio like that?

...listening to
 found on <span class="haudio-title">Paper Tigers</span>
by...

*Item* works here as a root class on its own and is used as a semantic
finger pointing out the interesting or important parts...

I am also suggesting parts that can be reused in other media related
uF's, item and media-title.

Also its worth adding at this point that hReview has a similar type
mechanism that works in a similar way pointing out items in a review

http://microformats.org/wiki/hreview#Schema

hItem technically I would say already exists as a uF on its own wouldn't
you?

> The haudio-title-based proposal has the following issues compared to the
>  album-keyword-based proposal:
>
> - It is more verbose, requiring publishers to write more HTML.
> - It requires hAudio nesting to mark up a simple song and album example.
> - You cannot differentiate an album from a podcast.
 ?...

> What about using SECTION instead of TRACK? It could be used in hVideo
> and hAudio. SECTION makes sense for albums, podcasts, clips, television,
> movies... but doesn't really work for charts or playlists.

...how do you summarise section?

> -- manu

Thanks

Martin.