[uf-new] Internet radio and TV

Chris Newell chris.newell at rd.bbc.co.uk
Tue Sep 25 08:54:53 PDT 2007

I'm interested in exploring how Internet radio and TV stations could be defined semantically.

As hAudio appears targeted at individual recordings and collections of content I'm not sure it would be beneficial to the development process, or to the end-users, to add additional complexity in order to support Internet radio.

Looking at the station listings out there on the web, there doesn't appear to be much difference between the metadata provided for radio and TV stations but there is a lot in common e.g. streams are often available at different bitrates or using different codecs.

Does anyone else have an interest or thoughts in this area?

Chris