[uf-new] hAudio Issue Duration

Guillaume P. Lebleu guillaume at lebleu.org
Wed Aug 6 11:45:25 PDT 2008

On Aug 6, 2008, at 2:43 AM, Martin McEvoy wrote:

> Hello Scott
>
> Scott Reynen wrote:
>> Keep in mind ISO 8601 durations use "M" to indicate both month and
>> minute, with the latter preceded by a "T" (for time).  Without that
>> "T", the above "M" is ambiguous in terms of ISO 8601 durations.
>> Ideally our duration markup would have no such ambiguity.
> No our markup  shouldn't have no such ambiguity, you are right, It
> would require that "T" be marked up too...

> but again we would have the same issues that "m" is ambiguous

I think "m" here is no more ambiguous than "M" in the ISO8601. i.e. if
"m" is contained by "time", then it means minute(s) and if "m" is
contained by "date", it means month(s).

Can someone remind me / point me to the rationale behind the principle
that the meaning of a classname cannot be dependent of the containing
classname?