[uf-new] New uF: Version

Ciaran McNulty mail at ciaranmcnulty.com
Fri Aug 8 07:28:55 PDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 2:19 PM, Scott Reynen
<scott at makedatamakesense.com> wrote:
> I guess I'm not yet convinced by your use case here.  An application would
> periodically reload the web page for each application to see if it's been
> updated?

Plenty of applications 'dial home' to see if there are pending
updates, and the same applications also have download links, so why
not combine the two?

It would be nice to see some sort of checksum mechanism possible too.

Certainly an idea worth talking about, I agree the markup is a bit premature.

-Ciaran McNulty