[uf-new] Recipe proposal

Thomas Yde thomasyde at yahoo.dk
Thu Jun 5 06:17:34 PDT 2008

As we seem to have a pretty good idea about what's going to be
included in the Recipe Microformat, I have posted a proposed schema
on the wiki.

http://microformats.org/wiki/recipe-brainstorming#Schema_proposal

Please provide as much feedback as possible!

Personally, I' m beginning to think reusing class names from hAtom
(discussed here: http://microformats.org/discuss/mail/microformats-
new/2008-April/001600.html) is a poor idea for the following reasons:

- This is not a pattern that we've used in other Microformats which
are just as likely to be used as feed entries (e.g. hReview).

- What if i don't want to mark up the recipe as an entry but just as
a... recipe? Wouldn't it be semantically wrong to mark up the title
as an entry-title when it actually isn't?

- What's wront with <div class="entry-title title">?

I therefore suggest that we change entry-title to title and entry-
summary to summary.

-- Thomas