[uf-new] Microformats for Slide Show/Presentations - hShow, hSlide - State-of-the-Art?

Gerald Bauer geraldbauer2007 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 13:01:47 PST 2008

Hello,

   Thanks for your thoughts.

>  My question would be why is a microformat needed?

   Simply to interoperate and make authoring tools and projection
tools work together because they can rely on a common microformat.

>  It strikes me that the mechanics of a slideshow presentation itself is
>  a different thing entirely to the content being presented.
>
>  Whilst it's valid to say "this content is an event" or "this content
>  is a about xyz" as these describe the meaning of the content, saying
>  "this content is in a slideshow" is telling us about the medium, not
>  the content.
>
>  Would you agree?

  How is this different from hAtom or hSlice? hAtom saying "this
content is a web feed" and hSlice saying "this content is a web
slice". Am I missing something? Any insight appreciated.

  Cheers.

--
Gerald Bauer - Internet Professional - http://geraldbauer.wordpress.com