[uf-new] Re: Comment Questions

Edward O'Connor hober0 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 09:23:05 PST 2008

I'm one of the original authors of the comment proposal--a proposal
that we threw together without following the process, and that was
made redundant by hAtom. I generally think simply using hAtom is
enough; a separate comment format isn't necessary.

That said, one thing to potentially look into would be the
hAtom-ification of RFC 4685, the Atom Threading Extensions[0], to
handle marking up which hentry is a reply to which other hentry.
Something along these lines might do the trick:

Ted

0. http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4685.txt