[uf-new] Re: Comment Questions

Martin McEvoy martin at weborganics.co.uk
Thu Nov 13 11:57:35 PST 2008

Hello David...

David Janes wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 10:58 AM, Martin McEvoy
> <martin at weborganics.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Martin McEvoy wrote:
>>
>>> I would also like to propose that an hEntry that is a comment should be
>>> marked up like this.....

>> sorry I meant...

> I think those would be equivalent (?). However, another way to do it would
> be to add "comments" to a wrapping hfeed

Im Sorry David I totally disagree with the above approach because It
detaches the comments from the original content, The Content and the
Comment should be presented inside the same feed element.
> This is interestingly documented right here:
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/90594399@N00/2271787498/

Great stuff David, I dont like the in-reply-to extension because for it
to presented correctly in hAtom terms you would have to "emulate"
another namespace, ie the entry- bit.

Anyway If you are proposing adding stuff to hatom like
in-reply-to(replies) etc... why not use an official atom term like
"related"[1]

<a rel="related" href="#comment-001">link to this</a>

[1] http://www.atomenabled.org/developers/syndication/index.php#link

Thanks.

--
Martin McEvoy