[uf-new] Re: Comment Questions

Tantek Celik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Thu Nov 13 14:13:28 PST 2008

Martin, David Janes, Sarven thanks very much for your good analysis and back/forth discussion of possible approaches to solving the comment(s) problem(s).

One comment on comment vs comments.

In general it works better to develop microformats (and properties) to represent a single instance of something (rather than multiple instances), and then use the collection/list/pluralization/aggregation features of the context (whether implicit, like multiple contained/descendant elements, or explicit like in an OL/UL as with XOXO) to represent more than one instance.

In some cases that collection itself will/canbe considered an instance of something that has its own properties. Hence hfeed and vcalendar in addition to hentry and vevent.  But even in those cases it is better to focus on the instance first and then the collection later.

Tantek