[uf-new] Re: Comment Questions

Sarven Capadisli csarven at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 07:30:50 PST 2008

As Tantek suggested, it would be better to keep our focus on the
instance of a comment. If I'm understanding this correctly, it means:
what makes this a comment in and of it self?

rel="in-reply-to": What makes this hentry (i.e., the comment) a
response to another hentry?

An hentry with rel="in-reply-to" suggests that it is an entry that is
a response to another resource. This outlines a comment instance. It
is self implied and it doesn't have the requirement of being part of
any markup structure.

I believe it would be better to focus on an type of hentry that is a
reaction (or a response) to some other hentry as opposed to comments
that are usually associated with the main hentry of the page. For
instance, a blog post may be a response to another blog post (e.g.,
technorati's blog reactions).

rel="in-reply-to" fits well into these equations because it creates a
single instance of a comment, response, reaction or a reply.

-Sarven