[uf-new] Re: Comment Questions

David Janes davidjanes at blogmatrix.com
Sat Nov 15 15:48:35 PST 2008

On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 6:25 PM, Martin McEvoy <martin at weborganics.co.uk> wrote:
> Martin McEvoy wrote:
>>
>> 40% of the examples used have a permalink something like this
>>
>> http://someblog.com/post#comment-001
>>
>> A hash uri reference
>>
>> rel="reply" can be hung on this link because the url tells us two things
>>
>> 1,  the origional post, http://someblog.com/post
>> 2,  and the location of the comment,  comment-001
>>
>> by defining TWO dereferenceable URI's  one using a slash uri scheme
>> http://someblog.com/post  => rel="reply"
>> and the other using a hash URI scheme http://someblog.com/post#comment-001
>> => rel="bookmark"
>
> Please visit this link If anyone is having trouble with what a
> Dereferenceable Uniform Resource Identifier is
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dereferenceable_Uniform_Resource_Identifier

Dereferenceable or not, this seems to break the meaning a A.rel [1]:
"This attribute describes the relationship from the current document
to the anchor specified by the href attribute."

40% isn't a great hit rate either, though I'm actually surprised that
number isn't higher. I assume the other 60% are not providing

Regards, etc...

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/links.html#adef-rel

--
David Janes