[uf-new] Comments proposals

David Janes davidjanes at blogmatrix.com
Mon Nov 17 08:33:38 PST 2008

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 11:15 AM, Toby A Inkster <mail at tobyinkster.co.uk> wrote:
> David Janes wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 9:42 AM, Martin McEvoy <martin at
>> weborganics.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>  *  reply[1] (comment-link) 60%
>> >  o By adding "rel-reply" the author is indicating that the page
>> > http://someblog/post#comment-001 is a reply for the referring page (see
>> > example).
>

> Martin, you've explained this a few times on the list, and I have to admit,
> this is the first time I've "got it". Yes, this does make sense as a
> solution. rel="reply bookmark" would be even better.

I withdraw my comment about semantic nonsense and apologize to Martin
for my tone. I thought this was the in-reply-to proposal.

However, how is the different than saying a comment is marked up as
"hentry comment", which will work on close to 100% [1] of the
exemplars instead of 60%?

Regards, etc...

[1] there are universal issues for all proposals with blogger DL lists

--
David Janes
Mercenary Programmer